Sunday, December 14, 2008

Unimportant content

Now that I do not have to worry about exams I have been having a lot more time on my hands. It really feels strange.

I actually have time to take random rides on the subway to look at various things, chat freely without the nagging guilt of ‘I should be studying’, running lap after lap on the Spa-Francorchamps circuit in various angry cars, analysing a portfolio of options. I have even taken to watching physics lectures from various universities on YouTube.

This last activity usually raises questioning eyebrows, so I tend to not mention it unless absolute necessary. Such as now.


I was chatting with my cousin Lai some days ago when the following transpired:
Lai: You can pay for my trip to…"that-god-knows-where-place" in China…
Me: I’m no longer in that dump called Tianjin
I’m in Shanghai!
Ooh, you’ve upgraded. I can't remember ;)
Yeah, been in Shanghai since 29 October
Didn't you notice, I'm less cynical and morbid these days. So much more cheerful
Bu bu but...the Yee Wei I know has always been cynical & morbid.
Hence, can't tell if he is any less cynical and morbid :S
Haha aww, that’s such a compliment!

Labels: ,