Monday, September 04, 2006

A cancer stick hangs steadily in the foreground, its tip oxidising slowly in the still air with a warm glow of black body radiation. In the background, two individuals pose for another camera, while a couple observes the goings-on.



Embers

Because I did not get model-releases for this photograph, I do not feel it is appropriate to upload a large image.


I quite like this photograph. I’d even say it ‘has character’. But then, I’m biased because I snapped this scene.



And this is my digital microscope.




Click here for large size image






The Yamato

Click here for large size image



Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger 小李飞刀 said...

Wow, that yamoto of yours look quite long. Whats its measurement in inches?

7:40 pm, September 04, 2006  
Blogger Dr. Tan said...

Looks impressive.

Speaking of apertures, I played with my friend's Nikon 50mm f/1.8. It has manual aperture ring, but I don't really like the feel of Nikon cameras, perhaps I'm biased.

8:49 pm, September 04, 2006  
Blogger Lao Chen said...

I just had a strang thought. Yamato could easily be the nickname that one may give to their penis.

Don't ask.


Little Lee:

The real Yamato actully had 46 cm guns, despite the designation of them being 40 cm.

This optical device's length is 20.3 cm from front element to sensor plane. Fully extended (for smaller magnification images), it is 23.3 cm. The measurements correspond to 8 inches and 9 3/16 inches respectively.


Dr Tan:
You are biased. Or rather, not used to their operation.

11:09 pm, September 04, 2006  
Anonymous NaiveIdealist said...

whoa..damn long gun...u having that camera currently?

12:56 pm, September 08, 2006  
Blogger Dr. Tan said...

Dude... If he doesn't have it he won't blog about it right? Start thinking man!

Note: "MY digital microscope"

1:17 pm, September 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home