Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Journey of Love

Recently, an aunt asked if I would be willing to translate a screenplay from Chinese to English so that the subtitles can be processed. Obviously, the answer was a yes.

After doing about 4 pages of the script, aunt told me that I will not have to do the translation. Someone from the theatre group had already engaged a friend to work on the translation. All I needed to do was to proofread and edit the result.

It is not a trivial task; it makes me think of entropy.

[paragraph(s) removed]

Having read the original screenplay, I think the production would be an interesting and touching eye-opener to the problems AIDS sufferers and HIV carriers face. Keep a look out for the play entitled 'Journey of Love' running from the 24th to 26th of March, probably in the KL/PJ area. Enquire within for further details.

I hope the subtitles do not suck. If they do, you know who to kill- Yee Wei!


***


This is directed at Yuan Harng and Sonia, as raised in previous comments:

I'm here to apply for a permanant residence so I can work here for a while and have look around.

However, I do not intent to stay here permanantly, even though the P in PR might suggest otherwise.