Thursday, July 13, 2006

Melbourne bloggers' meet report

To my knowledge, Diana does not publish images of herself online. As such, photos will be suitably blurred until consent is given.


Met with Diana, Pamela, Ted (Yvy’s fiancée), Wuching and Yvy today. Due to the absurd queue length at the original venue, we moved around and settled into a less crowded restaurant.




Count those babies!

1, 2, 3... n.



The food arrived... and five cameras were whipped out. I think Ted was extremely embarrassed. In my defence, I did not take pictures of the food; I took photos of people taking pictures of their food.



Wuching & Yvy.



Diana: Which school were you from again? Taman SEA is it?
Myself: No, I was from Sultan Abdul Samad, but went to Methodist College for a while.
Oh… I know a few Samad people from my tuition class in SS2.
Which tuition centre?
Molly Chan’s.
Oh, I used to go to that woman too. But that was before she opened the shop and was still doing it in her house.

Interesting revelations...

We might even have been in the same class...
Maybe not. You’re not 1983 right?

She WAS born in '83.




Diana & Pamela





Wuching




Yvy & Ted
By Diana





Diana had fun with Yvy's sticky date pudding and my camera.
Yvy did not have fun with the pudding- it was too sweet.



Pamela is taller than pictures in her blog may suggest. Or maybe it was her footwear.

See how grainy and shaky the photos are? The restaurant should have better lighting for camwhoring and such. A few water-cooled, 15 kW xenon arc lamps with white diffusers scattered overhead would be ideal.



Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Anonymous pamela said...

LOL.. it was my footwear.. ;)

12:36 am, July 14, 2006  
Blogger Dr. Tan said...

Sounds like fun. At least food helps during those awkward silent moments.

1:09 am, July 14, 2006  
Blogger Lao Chen said...

Pamela:
Haha, fact noted.

Yee Hou:
It was fun. No awkward silent moments la, just not as noisy as those massive things, orgies, you and Jolene organise.
Food was good.

1:17 am, July 14, 2006  
Blogger Wuching said...

OMG! thats a shocking pic of me!

12:55 pm, July 14, 2006  
Anonymous QuaVadis said...

Wuching!! have to completely agree with u...hahaha....

12:59 pm, July 14, 2006  
Blogger 小李飞刀 said...

Those Samadians that Diana knew were probably from our gang, or at least, closely affliated.

In any case, if the samdians you knew were loud obnoxious sohais, they are probably us.

4:08 pm, July 14, 2006  
Anonymous Neo said...

So many babies! Are they on Yvy's ear?

1:20 am, July 15, 2006  
Blogger Lao Chen said...

Wuching:
Surprise!

YH:
I don't she knew us, as in really know. She knows Amber Kwan though.

Neo:
Yeah, they are Yvy's. Fascinating isn't it?

1:50 am, July 15, 2006  
Anonymous yvy said...

OMG!! u took a pix of my ear?? LOL ;p that's a new one. sadly i couldn't flash u my tattoos in the flesh - too cold lar. ;) then again, u've seen it before right? anyway, was great meeting up with u guys, maybe we'll meet again some other day. :D

9:28 am, July 16, 2006  
Anonymous yvy said...

ps...AIYO!! that pix diana took of me n ted - we look kinda upset n bored, but i swear we werent!!!! :D

9:29 am, July 16, 2006  
Blogger Lao Chen said...

You know, you could have flashed me your other things and I wouldn't mind the slightest bit. Then instead of your ear, I could have taken a picture of whatever. Heh.

I've seen photographs, but while a picture may say a thousand words, seeing the real thing is a completely different kettle of fish.

Complain to Diana :p

1:11 am, July 17, 2006  
Blogger xaverri said...

ahh had trouble leaving comments on your blog, prob my dodgy connection.

I believe I've "mentioned" I'm lousy at people pics hahh so Yvy next time I'll take better ones (in Penang perhaps!) Anyways I've enjoyed this meet, looking forward to more. But maybe not one of those massive ones ala KL/Penang style where 20+people whip out their cameras in unison :)

YeeWei, just leave the pics blurred, thanks! Btw the Borders voucher'd come in VERY handy cos am thinking of getting some books. Thanks again!

9:25 am, July 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home