Monday, June 19, 2006

Photography: a stained mug and iris macros.



Self similarity at all scales

A pattern left behind by the receding surface of my drink.

Click here for large size image






"Is that a fractal in there?"
the lamp asked the mug.
"Don't look, you pervert!" the mug shrinked back, feeling violated.

Click here for large size image






This is my right eye. Say hello!
*waves*







Iris-scape

Amazing stuff. I'd do this more often if not for the fact that I have to shine a bright light at my eye while taking the photograph. I've got a headache now.



Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Tan said...

My eye picture usually gives people the creeps too, especially the white-eye shot.

10:53 pm, June 19, 2006  
Blogger shifty said...

it's kinda creepy :/

10:56 pm, June 19, 2006  
Blogger cyber-red said...

can kill ur eyes mann so bright

10:58 pm, June 19, 2006  
Anonymous NaiveIdealist said...

try black and white..look nicer...

11:24 pm, June 19, 2006  
Blogger 小李飞刀 said...

woo.. very nice.. you got the evil eye dude..

1:38 am, June 20, 2006  
Blogger Lao Chen said...

Yee Hou:
I'm refusing to call you Dr Tan, you gyaecologist-wanname (yes, he helped someone reduce PMS discomfort, my genius brother).

ob!ique:
It's not creepy.

Cyber-Red:
Its actually not that bad, the washed out parts were preent because i wanted to properly expose the eye's details.

Naive Idealist:
Oh, yes. Did not think of that earlier while shooting. Desaturating the photo now doesn't work well.

小李飞刀:
It's not evil; in fact, its quite friendly.

10:32 pm, June 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home