Thursday, August 11, 2005

Minum?

If you drop by to visit me in Melbourne, I’ll probably invite you to take a seat. Once comfortably seated, I might inquire with a condescending jerk of my head, “minum?”

“What do you have?”
“The usual.”
“Which is?”

To which I’d abruptly turn around and saunter towards my drinks storage cabinet. I fling open the doors, declaring “7 kinds of tea infusions, 8 bottles of coffee, honey, cocoa, and instant herbal tea.”


OMGWTFLOL
Click for larger image


Actually, a few of the boxes of tea are very nearly empty. Also, several of the coffee bottles are very nearly empty. I’m not entirely to blame.

[12 August 2005 addition]
The count has since increased to “7 kinds of tea infusions, 10 bottles of coffee, honey, cocoa, and instant herbal tea.” Adrian was running out of his usual coffee, thus he purchased a bottle of Nescafe Kenjara. I was also scraping the bottom of my espresso barrel bottle, so I got another espresso. It's an orgy!

8 Comments:

Blogger cynical-idealist said...

Lol. Nice collections.

And on a semi-related note, when I saw this on PPS I thought that "minum" was some physics term. Must be the effect of "minimum". :P Malay getting rusty.

8:14 pm, August 11, 2005  
Blogger Dr. Tan said...

Ah, I'll drop by for 7 coffees.. Thank you...

9:04 pm, August 11, 2005  
Blogger mistyeiz said...

almost EVERYTHING under sun but still it cant make a decent glass of teh tarik! :D heheh....do u miss that?

10:01 am, August 12, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Daily Look at U.S. Military Deaths
The AP count is two lower than the Defense Department's tally, last updated at 10 a.m. EDT Thursday.
Wow! You have a nice blog here. I'm definitely gonna check back and tell my friends. Keep it up.

I have a more energy site. It's all about more energy and related things.

Check us out if you get time.

10:49 am, August 12, 2005  
Blogger Lao Chen said...

Cynical-Idealist:
Of course, if you drop by it wouldn't be so rude and impersonal as described. I must be notorious for those numbery posts...

Hou:
Actually, there aren't as many as 7 coffees. There are some duplications in the bottles. Don't ask.

Mistyeiz:
Hehe...unfortunately i never really caught the tarik bug, so i don't miss it. I'm more of a coffee nut actually.

anonymous:
Go away.

1:27 pm, August 12, 2005  
Blogger shifty said...

let me see, in my house can minum teh tarik, tongkat ali, fruit juice, cordial, plain water, coffee, tea, milk. lol. wanna come over? :)

4:44 pm, August 12, 2005  
Blogger xaverri said...

hahhha..I just checked. I have almost as much variety as you - green tea/ genmaicha/ earlgrey / french earl grey / black tea / rose tea / coffee / another coffee / HongKong "yinyong" mix / coffeemate... miss my teh ais (from mamak) though..

7:06 pm, August 12, 2005  
Blogger mistyeiz said...

lucky you!!!! aiyoo..how i suffered when i was in oz n the tea there SUX!! :(

3:23 pm, August 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home