Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Macro photography of ice-cream

I recently purchased some ice-cream from the Nestle Heaven line of frozen confection. On a whim, I decided to take some macro shots of it.

The process involved a freezer-chilled plate and a warmed knife for cutting through brittle chocolate.

The first victim was of the “Chocolate Truffle” flavour. This is my favourite variant.








Click here for large size image

Someone had remarked that this is a “nice shot”, while another person said I have managed to make ice-cream look gross.










After about 10 minutes, which was not a very long time, the ice-cream was starting to turn into a soppy mess. It was due for consumption.

This evening, I got the Caramel Fudge flavour. I don’t like this as much as the Chocolate Truffle, but I wanted to try shooting this.








Click here for large size image



I ate this Caramel Fudge after the shoot.


Labels: