Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Memories of a love affair

A meeting had been agreed upon, but the details were yet to be confirmed. In particular, the ‘when’ part of our rendezvous had not been settled. All I knew was ‘this week’. The uncertainty was not doing my nerves any good, and every time I arrived at the location I looked round expectantly, only to be disappointed that it did not turn out to be ‘today’.

One day, as I returned home from god-knows-what, I saw her waiting in the porch. It was the most beautiful car I’ve seen in a while. On the boot lid, the 4 chrome circles of the Audi logo contrasted perfectly with its polished black finish.

The Audi A4 1.8t was here.

Everywhere I went, I took the A4 along. To the mamak, the supermarket, my aunt’s place, the bookshop, my friend’s place, the college.

In the process, I managed to get myself a fine for parking at a non-designated spot.








Ten days (or something like that) passed in a flash, and it was soon time to return the A4 back to her pimp in Glenmarie. It had been a wonderful experience, but I do not think I can commit myself living with an A4.





In the name of all things good and holy, this is so corny!
I recently found the fine and took a few photos of it. Yes, here in Melbourne. Hence today's sorry entry.






Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Kampungkai said...

ouch! hate those parking tickets. Here in Kajang, i got a parking ticket from MPKj which cost RM30, and i didn't bother to pay. After 3 months, they send a warning letter to pay RM80!!! if i still dun pay, then they will forward it to PDRM. Should i wait for the disount? haha!

1:54 pm, November 02, 2005  
Blogger Lao Chen said...

Wah so ganas...

MPSJ one looks quite scary, but actually if you go to the office within 14 days they will usually knock it down to RM 40 though.

7:17 pm, November 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home