Thursday, October 09, 2008

Orgasms

In the form of ice cream and tiramisu.

Honey, I’m home! Hence the long spell of silence.



Yet another photo of the Beijing Airport

Click here for large size image


***


I dropped by at Singapore for visit over the weekend, and one of the highlights of the weekend was sampling some Movenpick ice cream. Yes I hear it’s available in Malaysia; I’m sorry if I sound like I come from a kampung – I just returned from China.

It’s mind blowingly awesome. The strawberry ice cream was absurdly smooth, and the flavour was light and refreshingly sour. Fruity. And there were generous blobs of frozen strawberry chunks in the ice cream.

If you were to let the crystal-free ice cream melt in your mouth, the fruity sourness melts away leaving an occasional frozen bit of fruit. Let that thaw and it regains its strawberry-ness.

The cappuccino ice cream was another case study in orgasm-inducing food. It consists of mostly of coffee ice cream with some swirls of vanilla. And dispersed everywhere are fine chocolate chips. The coffee and vanilla ice cream melts first, leaving a residue of chocolate sediment in the mouth. This then quickly dissolves into a happy, chocolaty nothingness.

I suppose the appropriate thing to say now would be “I <3 Movenpick ice cream.”


***


We made tiramisu some days ago. It came out a little short of a whole tiramisu due to a minor misjudgement, but was still fantastic. The gratuitously generous quantity of strong coffee and Tia Maria helped save the day.

With a naked cake in the fridge, I scribbled something on a sheet of paper and cut it out into a stencil for sprinkling cocoa on the cake.

It’s one of THE most remarkable equation in complex mathematics, eiπ=-1

The first was a mess because I hand-held the stencil; the last one was incomplete because I had to try the tiramisu.




eiπ=-1



Labels: ,