Saturday, February 28, 2009

The roses are two months old

and this blog is four years old.





Click here for large size image





Super-Takumar 50mm f/1.4





Don't Ever Leave Me
I wouldn't.

Super-Takumar 135mm f/3.5



I'm particularly proud of this last image's set up. The dark background is just the view out of my window. A long lens was used to make sure the view of the great outdoors was restricted, allowing me to choose darker bits of the outdoor scene to be my background.

Indoors, a flash was directed upwards and fired at full power, ensuring that the brightness difference between the subject and the outdoors was as large as possible. With the exposure adjusted for the indoor lighting, the outdoor lights were just barely enough to register on the sensor, resulting in a mostly black background.

Labels: