Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Working on a job with normal hours means I do not have much time for myself.

After wasting Monday night away in a haze of nothingness, I have decided I will not surf the web aimlessly. I will not watch TV unless it is a program I want to watch (which is limited to the Paris-Dakar Rally for the time being).

On a very positive note, my grasp Chinese is continuing to show improvement. Having looked up unfamiliar words, it is extremely satisfying when you recognise it in a conversation. "Ah, that word! I know the meaning, but if I heard this sentence 2 days ago I wouldn’t know what it implied."

It’s close to midnight now. It still shocks me that I have to be in bed at 12. Sucks.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Wuching said...

ur having too much fun in beijing..come back liao!

8:55 pm, January 18, 2007  
Blogger Lao Chen said...

I'm in Melbourne already. The fun has stopped.

8:50 pm, January 19, 2007  
Blogger Albert said...

I've been calculating lately, the relation between minimum focus distance, focal length and magnification factor; if you can focus as close as your focal length, you should get 1:1 reproduction. Hence, a 100mm macro can focus to 10cm near. Knowing this, I could get a +10 closeup to do the same thing on a standard 100mm (since +10 = 1000mm / 10 = 100mm focus when lens is actually set at infinity). However, how would I know where the focus will be at when the lens is NOT set on infinity?

12:21 pm, January 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home